Monday, November 15, 2010

AEDM November 15th



I know y'all believe me; still, I like having pictures. I'm very visual, and if I can't see it I forget it exists (which is one reason I tend to live out of laundry baskets, because if I put my clothes away in the drawers that means OMG I have no clothes!)

So I got another two rows done on my Hallowe'en/Samhain/November yellow-orange-and-black quilt, bringing it up to seven of the fifteen rows of twelve, nearly half (as far as the nine patches are concerned). It's starting to take over my floor, hmmm. Given the layout of my studio room (which is an attic room), my project wall (a hunk of batting hung up that you can pin pieces to, then step back from, so you can get a look at it, and rearrange) is actually my floor and the rug, since with the tilty ceiling, built-in bookcases, doors, chairrails, the futon, &c there is no blank piece of real estate on the wall. Except this quilt is probably going to end up about the size of the entire rug. Hmmmm.

I rearranged it by color, so it would be easier to keep track of how I'd already combined the colors. I'm shooting for no repeats. Looks pretty good so far!

8 comments:

TheCrazyCrone said...

Wow, it's looking good. I don't have the patience for quilting but I do so admire those of you who produce such wonderful work. Good on ya!

Priscilla said...

So beautiful, I love quilts. What talent you have.

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Sweet!

B @ Sweet Limes said...

Oh my that is going to look lovely when you're done. Great colour combination too!

Emma said...

Great quilt!

Gina Lento said...

Nice color. Like it!

Anonymous said...

Quilters are a very special breed of people; you have my admiration. This one is going to be very warm and comforting; it reminds me of butternut soup. "Trip Around the World" has always appealed to me - all those delicious colours. I would love to see what you do with a crazy quilt!

Thalia said...

Yeah, that's one of the quilts I've started, a crazy quilt. I have like three and a half 15" squares done on it so far. I used a scan of part of it on my Craftwitchy blog (which has like three posts on it, but the link is on the left if you want to see it).

Thank you all for the compliments. I'm still looking for a good ash grey broadcloth for in-between.