Tuesday, March 15, 2016

Some Recent Commissions

This commission thing seems to be working out, so I've decided to keep taking them for now. I spent most of the holiday season painting Muses as I got a commission for all Nine. Here are a few of my favorites from that set.

First, Ourania, the Muse of astronomy, with Stargazer lilies in Her hair:


Melpomene, Muse of tragedy:


And of course my personal favorite Muse (well, duh), Thalia, Muse of comedy:


For another commission I did an Asherah I quite like, with the Tree of Life embroidered on Her tunic:


And for a different commission this Ereshkigal, which may be my favorite one so far:


I seem to be rather obsessed with that panneaux format (though not all commissions have been those proportions). And oddly enough, doing a bunch of pieces in an old familiar style that still has plenty yet to explore has given me lots of ideas for other styles. I wouldn't have thought that's how that works. But it's been inspirational, and is starting (I think) to build some momentum.

2 comments:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

These are all SO stunning! I've always loved your artistic interpretations of the Divine.

Thalia said...

Thank you! I'm having quite a bit of fun with these.