Oh, well, okay. Les règles (the rules, for those of you not amused by my mildly pretentious use of French):
1. Link to the person who tagged you.
2. Post the rules on your blog.
3. Write six random things about yourself.
4. Tag six people at the end of your post and link to them.
5. Let each person know they’ve been tagged and leave a comment on their blog.
6. Let the tagger know when your entry is up.
The person who ran up behind me, slapped me on the shoulder, and said, "Tag!": shamrockwitch, in the last post.
Six random things about me? Well, let's see, since I'm choosing them they are inherently not random, really, but I'll try to make them interesting:
1. I am allergic to pigs. Not pork, pigs. They make me all kinds of sneezy and itchy. I found out about this my freshman year of Art School, when someone brought in a cute li'l piglet in a rather heavy-handed (and typically freshman) statement on the virtues of vegetarianism; I had to go home early because my eyes almost swole shut. I've been an avowed carnivore ever since, damned things.
2. I have an awful lot of hobbies, which I suppose is neither random nor particularly surprising for an artsy sort such as myself; the one that has taken hold of me right now in a grievously fierce way is natural dyeing, to wit:
That's a shot of the pile of little skeins of wool I've dyed since this hobby swooped down upon me at the end of the summer; I wanted to see how many colors I could come up with, so opted for a whole bunch of little skeins that didn't require a lot of dyestuff but would still give me a useful amount. So they are about the size of what you'd get for crewel-work. That's only about half of them, though, as the other half are reserved for being overdyed with indigo, when I get the vat going, which I will start on when the stuff I ordered comes in.
I can sit for hours, really, and rearrange the little skeins. I'm not sure quite what I'm going to do with them all yet, maybe weave something. But they are so beautiful, and really, are purely about making color right now, which is fascinating me.
Oh, and as an example of just how crazy I am about dyeing, I have a pan of dried black beans soaking right now. I mean, yes, I am going to make chili with them later; but the real reason I got them was to see if the rumors are true and the soaking water (which turns a nice violet-black) can be used as dye.
3. I long, long, long, to relocate to the UK someday. When I was in England and Wales a couple years ago I felt pulled to the land almost overwhelmingly; perhaps it's something to do with living in New England that makes Old England feel like home, I don't know. But I have to be there, eventually. Not that I know just how to make that happen, yet, and there are rather a lot of things I am in the middle of right now. But someday.
4. I consistently pin out at 98-100% introverted when I take those Myers-Brigg style personality tests. I'm not surprised, I suppose, as it makes sense to me, but, according to most people, shouldn't I be living in a cave or something?
5. I went through a wicked Duran Duran phase in my High School years, even though I knew that Led Zeppelin was the One True Band. Do not fear, I have come to my senses since then, though my guilty pleasure of late is the Monkees and I am not ashamed to admit it.
6. I send Groundhog Day cards every year, to the bafflement of my friends and relatives (yes, apparently even the artsy ones on my mother's side). It started because I felt really, really stupid going and buying Yule/Christmas cards when I knew I could make my own really pretty ones (never mind the fact that I'd want specifically Pagan cards to send out); but who has time in early December to be doing that? So after several years of not getting around to it I hit on the idea of Groundhog Day cards. I have the whole month of January to come up with the art, it's ridiculously silly, and by February 2nd we could all use a mid-winter pick-me-up. And it confuses the Hel out of the relatives, heh heh. What's not to love?
Okay, those are my six. Now it's my turn to tag six people, and I will do so in a moment, but I am going to change the rules a bit: out of your six things, one of them must have something to do with your dreams, and another must describe a way you have been kind to yourself recently. The other four, go to town!
So, Tag! You're It:
Mama Kelly of Two Witches Blog (though Lady Rose is welcome to participate if she likes); beweaver over at Weaving the Web; Inanna at At The End Of Desire; Evn (of course; you didn't seriously think I wouldn't, did you?) at Lover of Strife; Anne at The Gods Are Bored (though I imagine she has long since been tagged with this, what is it called, a meme, I want to hear her talk about her dreams); and Angela-Eloise over at Blogickal.