Monday, November 10, 2008

Second Try

Well, here's the next version of my knit-kitty idea, this time in a mohair yarn wound up with this cottony sort of stuff with sparkley bits. This looks rather more like I was picturing.

Here it is, shown with Miss Maude, so you can see just how much it doesn't resemble an actual cat:




(And why yes, she is curled up on all my little naturally-dyed wool skeins. How very surprising.)

I actually made this yesterday, still enthused with the idea despite not liking my first attempt. So I don't know if that's cheating or what. I'm only getting around to doing some art today now, and I'm still not sure what I want to do. Something different, hands-on, and experimental, I think.

4 comments:

KrisMrsBBradley said...

That is pretty cute!

Leah said...

lol! you're cracking me up with the way you're putting down your knit kitties. but i love this one too!!

Beverly said...

Honestly Thalia, that little kitty is the coolest little "pet" I've ever seen. I absolutely love the colors and the X for the mouth. It's very groovy!

Thalia said...

Oh no, actually I quite like this one. It just struck me as funny how stylized something can be and still be recognized by the human brain. I mean, really--a circle with two smaller triangles stuck on top equals "cat" (or "cat head", anyway). That's kinda wacky, don't you think?