Friday, April 30, 2010

Merry Blessed Rutty Beltaine




Riffing off of Ruby Sara's most recent post over at Pagan Godspell, here's a bit of art I did a while back whilst listening over and over to the song she quotes, Greenman by XTC, as perfect a Maypole-dancing song as I have ever heard (and I have, in fact, danced a Maypole to it). No matter how many times I hear that song, the opening swell still pins my heart chakra open wide. So glorious. So beautiful. So daimonic.

So there's my Green Man, in springtime antlers, covered with that fuzzy velvet which covers the antlers as they grow, and provides nutrients and blood. I imagine they are very sensitive in that state, and that they throb.

Merry merry blessings of May to all of us!

4 comments:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

He looks very horny and potent. Just the look you were going for, I'm sure! Beltane blessings to you!

Lavanah said...

Yes, I would dance with him.

Thalia said...

He looks very horny

Har har. Yup.

TitusL said...

Great Picture:D
thought you might enjoy my Beltane Blessing machinima film
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VElZSplpxQc
Bright Blessings
elf ~